Steps History Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steps History Club

You are not connected. Please login or register

the homework

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1the homework Empty the homework Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:46 pm

alicechien

alicechien

im workin on the homework now! in case anyone forgot what it was:

list 3 differences and similarities about Catholicism and Christianity and post it on the forum.

post it on this topic!

2the homework Empty Re: the homework Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:50 pm

bridgittechan

bridgittechan

I know I found 2 differences and 1 similarity

3the homework Empty HW Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:40 pm

jacyduan

jacyduan

I think i've done the hw....
SIMILARITIES-
1. Both believe Jesus is the savior of humanity and he died on the cross to atone for the sins of all humanity.

2. Both believed in the the ressurection of Jesus.

3. Both teach that God is a trinity and that we have an immortal soul.

DIFFERENCES-
1. Catholics believe in seven sacrements and those are: Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation, Marriage, Ordination, Reconciliation, and Anointing of the Sick, Christians do not recognize these sacraments.

2. Accoriding to Catholicism, the Pope is the substitute for Christ yet for Christians, they believe that no human being is infallible and that Christ alone is the head of the Church.

3. They have disagreements on how to be justified before God. Christians believe you must build upon salvation with good works while Catholics believe you must be righteous and holy.

4the homework Empty kk! Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:58 pm

bridgittechan

bridgittechan

Thanx!

5the homework Empty Re: the homework Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:20 am

bridgittechan

bridgittechan

I seriously can not even think about the homework

6the homework Empty Re: the homework Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:00 am

NancyLam

NancyLam
Admin

steps history club now moved to Tuesday
Please have homework posted before we meet
Also, there may be a surprise for everyone depending on every one's behavior Smile

7the homework Empty Re: the homework Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:31 pm

alicechien

alicechien

@ Jc:

Lol, u just posted the answers to everyone. lol!

My hw: (right now, im not looking at jacy's. so if its the same info, im NOT copying it!)

DIFFERENCES:
#1 Catholicism believes in the 7 sacrament, while other branches of Christianity dont recognize them.
#2 Catholics believe that Saint Mary didnt sin, just like her son Jesus, but Christians believe that Saint Mary sinned like everyone else.
#3 Catholics believe that Saint Mary's resurrected body went to heaven, just like her son Jesus, but unlike Jesus, most say that she was buried

SIMILARITIES:

#1 They both believed that Jesus was the savior of all sins and died on the cross

#2 Both believe in the Holy Trinity of the son, the Father, plus the Holy Spirit

#3 Both believe that we have immortal souls

Is that rite?

8the homework Empty Re: the homework Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:33 pm

alicechien

alicechien

hey nancy, you said we might all get something special if our behavior is good or something like that, but the people who got a prize last week, do they get something separate?

9the homework Empty the hw Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:40 pm

SarahMa

SarahMa

3 Similarities and Differences of Christianity & Catholicism:

Similarities:
1. Both believe in Jesus.
2. Both believe in God.
3. Catholicism is just another branch of christianity.

Differences:
1. Catholics believes in the seven sacrements.
2. Catholicism is later than christianity.
3. Question (sry)

10the homework Empty z hw Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm

bridgittechan

bridgittechan

SIMILARITIES-
1. Both believe Jesus is the savior of humanity and he died on the cross to atone for the sins of all humanity. Idea
2. Both believe in god. Idea
3. Catholicism is another branch of christianity. Idea

DIFFERENCES-
1. Have dif. names. JK Question lol!
2. Catholicism is from the longer ago. Idea
3. Both believe in the seven sacrements. Idea

11the homework Empty Re: the homework Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:01 pm

alicechien

alicechien

bridgitte ur 3rd difference doesnt make any sense! and both of them do NOT believe in the 7 sacrements. only catholicism believes in them LOLZ lol!

12the homework Empty duh Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:31 pm

SarahMa

SarahMa

ya sent it 2 late dewdette Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

13the homework Empty Re: the homework Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:32 pm

SarahMa

SarahMa

alicechien wrote:bridgitte ur 3rd difference doesnt make any sense! and both of them do NOT believe in the 7 sacrements. only catholicism believes in them LOLZ lol!

but alice u sed it 2 me! u liar!!!!!!!!

14the homework Empty Re: the homework Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:35 pm

alicechien

alicechien

no i didnt i sed catholics are the ones, not both. get ur hearing checked, woman! lol!

15the homework Empty Re: the homework Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:36 pm

alicechien

alicechien

no i didnt i sed catholics are the ones, not both. get ur hearing checked, woman! lol!

16the homework Empty Re: the homework Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:41 pm

SarahMa

SarahMa

meeenie Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation meeenie Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation meeenie Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation meeenie Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation meeenie Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation meeenie Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation meeenie Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum